Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Popsicles

Yeah, I made popsicles.  The weather hasn't been that warm out here (while the rest of the country has been hating the heat, the Pacific Northwest has been wondering when Spring was finally going to arrive).  Since the weather's been uncooperative, I settled on buying frozen sliced strawberries.  I do have some strawberries in the garden (unlike last year), but not more than what I could eat while picking :-)

  • 3 cups sliced strawberries w/ sugar (i.e. 24 oz container of strawberries from Wally World)
  • 2 bananas
  • 12 oz coconut milk (for some reason I had a gallon of coconut milk that I froze in ice cube trays & used 6 2-oz cubes) 
Combine in blender and pulse until the desired consistency.  The fat in the coconut milk helps keep the crystals small and gives the bars a creamier consistency.

I filled my large ice pop molds, my ring pop molds, and 3 out of 6 of my small pop mold spaces (a "Back to Basics" brand set that was cheap at Bi-Mart).

No comments:

Post a Comment